Saturday, August 23, 2008

We're on the road!


Hello All!

We've left Hollywood and are on the road!

Our first night in the RV has been an interesting one. Where to begin...

Well, first of all, who knew we'd only be able to go 35 mph up some steep hills? Or that going over 55 mph would make the rig shake shake shake!

When we landed at the Barstow Flying J we found a nice spot to park and then prepared to deRV. ;) When we got outside (all the doggies and me) we discovered that a beautiful Pit mix had taken a liking to us. Argh. I hollered for him to go away but he wouldn't. Chica threatened him with her bad ass alpha "I'm going to eat you" bark, but he didn't care and after a second we were having doggie meet and greet and Chica was totally cool with him. Huh. I was stumped, really. Then we did a pack walk and he walked with us for the whole 40 minutes, back and forth and back and forth in this big dirt area between the RV parking and the 18 Wheelers. Every now and then he'd try to mount one of the dogs but I firmly told him "No" and he listened every time. The kids were glad for that and no one got out of line. Not another growl or bark or threat. Just some peaceful walking and sniffing and ... can I say shocking!?!

It's 6 am and the sun is just coming up. I only fell out of my bunk twice when the dogs started barking and I jumped out to see what the problem was. I'm discovering a few bruises now. Ouch. Oh, and Buddy got so thirsty that he chewed the top off the 5 gallon water jug and knocked it over. Good thing I'm attuned to running water and was down and picking it up with only 1/3 spilled. But, I do have a wet carpet near the door. Grrr.... if he only knew that meant less water for him in the future... would he have made the same decision? ;) I'm sure he would have. He's a mischevious boy. Yes, he is.

Well, I need to go get in the rig now and have the Flying J people show me how to dump my sewer tank and check my propane and all of that. I can't believe I don't know these things already, but that's ok. I don't mind being a novice. ;)

Look forward to more updates and soon... pictures. I signed up for Flying J WiFi so at our next stop I'll post again.

Time to get the tanks done and get on the road for a few hours before it gets too hot to drive.

Be well!

No comments: